Daytime Book Group comes together once a month to discuss books that explore life from many angles - from the author's viewpoint, from the characters' experiences, and from the group members' personal perspectives. The group reads both fiction and non-fiction, and participants engage in lively discussions on the topic. Members usually meet after the book discussion at a nearby restaurant for social talk and visiting.
@ Westbank Library on Sunday, June 2 at 4:00 p.m.
June's selection is Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn. When a beautiful woman goes missing on her fifth wedding anniversary, her diary reveals hidden turmoil in her marriage and a mysterious illness; while her husband, desperate to clear himself of suspicion, realizes that something more disturbing than murder may have occurred.
Title selections for the coming months:
- July - The Accidental Tourist by Anne Tyler
- August - There But For The by Ali Smith
- September - The Transit of Venus by Shirley Hazzard
- October - A Million Heavens by John Brandon
- November - Defending Jacob by William Landay
- December - I Feel Bad About My Neck by Nora Ephronday