Steven A. Conte, president of SOFA (Society for Financial Awareness) will present a series of financial seminars on a variety of topics.
Session 1 is on Financial Blunders--Lessons we never learn. This informative one-hour seminar will show you:
- how to avoid losing up to 40% of your retirement plan the day you walk away
- how naive we are in understanding the market, and the great opportunities and great risks that are there
- how to preserve and protect your assets against a a plunging market
- the bank: is it the place to 'save' money.
@ Westbank on Tuesday, June 11 at 6:30 p.m.
Other topics to follow are:
- June 18 - Getting Fiscally Fit
- July 2 - Exploring Your Options for a Quality Retirement
- July 9 - Social Security Planning
- July 16 - Investment Concerns in a Fragile Market
More on the Presenter, Steven A. Conte:
Steven A. Conte is President of Beacon Retirement Planning Group, Inc. and is also President of the Austin chapter for the Society for Financial Awareness. He has 30 years of Corporate America experience with emphasis in retirement financial planning, human resources and operations both domestic and international.
Steve has devoted the last several years of his professional career working directly with pre-retirees, retirees and business owners in providing alternative, safe solutions for their retirement needs.
Steve has an accomplished background as a senior executive and corporate officer in companies ranging from Plough, United Brands, and Newmont Mining Corporation. Mr. Conte has been responsible for the design, development and management of pension plans and 40 k plans, as well as employee benefit and compensation plans.
As the former President of the Board of Directors of Hospice of the North Coast and a member of the President's Advisory Council, Steve brings an extensive bacikground in financial management planning, human resources and operations to programs he represents and understands.
Steve is a graduate of St. Ambrose University where he earned a B.S. degree with honors in Economics and Political Science and won the Political Science Academic Excellence Award. He has completed over 50 professional, technical, sales and management programs. A seasoned traveler, he has worked in Europe, Russia, South and Central America, Canada and the Far East.