The Laura Bush Library re-opens on June 15. 11am-6pm, Mon- Sat.
Westbank Library remains closed for repairs following freeze and flood damage in February (more info). We are hopeful for a re-opening at the Westbank location in late June.
We are gradually transitioning back to full-service while continuing to offer all of the new services you have come to rely on during the pandemic.
- Limited on-site services Expect to be able to browse the collection, to sit and study/read or meet one-on-one with a tutor, to use a computer (possible time limits), and to enjoy our backyard. Services are expected to increase over time, but initially there will be no meeting room availability (staff use for remote services plus excess furniture storage), no toys, and no in-library programs.
- Continued window and digital services We will continue the services you have come to rely on: reserve and pick up, book bundles, take-home activities, print service, online programs, remote assistance (email, text, phone), and access to the digital collection.
- Safety The COVID landscape is changing, and our safety protocols will be evolving with it.
- We have installed UV lights in our HVAC systems.
- Furniture and computers will be spaced to allow for distancing.
- Materials quarantine (holding books on the shelf for 3 days before allowing them to be checked out again) ceased as of Tuesday, May 18. Members should quarantine materials themselves if they are concerned about fomite transmission, either by leaving them on our reserve shelf for a few days before picking them up or by setting them aside at home for a few days before reading.
- Masks are not required per Executive Order 36 but are encouraged to help Travis County get to Risk Stage 1.
Access the Collections
- Reserve & Pick Up hours 11am-6pm daily except Sundays and holidays.
- Book Bundles for all ages – request up to 10 items hand-picked for your child by library staff
- Return items to the building-mounted book drops at Laura’s Library any time (to the left of the front door and in Laura’s drive-thru). Book drops at Westbank are currently closed.
- Requests You can place requests through your library account. Please limit your requests as our budget has been affected by the pandemic.
- Digital library including ebooks, downloadable audiobooks, magazines, newspapers, films, and learning resources
- Digital Library instructions
Book donations We are not accepting book donations at this time.
Volunteers Long-time, fully trained volunteers should contact us if they would like to be scheduled for a weekly shift at circulation. We are not accepting new volunteer applications or re-starting our teen volunteer program at this time.