Westbank Libraries seek a Library Intern to work 12-14 hours per week, beginning mid-January and concluding on or about mid-December. Pay is $14 per hour. The person selected for this role will work 2-3 shifts at both libraries focused on public service. This includes, circulation, reference and programming for all ages.
A successful Internship will result in
- functional knowledge of public library operations,
- exposure to a progressive, positive work culture,
- experience to list on a resume and assistance with resume writing, and
- a reference from Westbank Libraries.
Applicants must be a current student in an accredited Library Science or Information Science program.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
- a completed application
- a resume
- a cover letter explaining why you think you would be a good fit for this program and how this program would be a good fit for your career goals
Before applying, it would be a good idea to know more about our libraries. Peruse our website, looking particularly for our Strategic plan, Annual Report, and history.
The closing date is Friday, December 20th.