Special guest, author Sarah Bird, will be joining this month’s book group!
Daytime Book Group comes together once a month to discuss books that explore life from many angles – from the author’s viewpoint, from the characters’ experiences, and from the group members’ personal perspectives. The group reads both fiction and non-fiction, and participants engage in lively discussions on the topic. Members usually meet after the book discussion at a nearby restaurant for social talk and visiting.
2019 Reading List:
- January 6 – Less by Sean Greer
- February 3 – Lincoln in the Bardo by George Saunders
- March 3 – The Which Way Tree by Elizabeth Crook (The author will join us this month)
- April 7 – The Book of Joy by The Dalai Lama & Bishop Desmond Tutu
- May 5 – Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman
- June 2 – God Save Texas by Lawrence Wright
- July 7 – A Lesson Before Dying by Ernest J. Gaines
- August 4 – Calypso by David Sedaris
- August 25 – There There by Tommy Orange (Usual date is Labor Day holiday)
- October 6 – Daughter of a Daughter of a Queen by Sarah Bird (The author will join us this month)
- November 3 – A Spark of Light by Jodi Picoult
- December 1 – Siddhartha by Hermann Hesse