Click here to join BookTalk, a live virtual discussion happening last Tuesdays at 1pm.
Led by volunteer Jane Dunham and library staff, this book club reads and discusses literary fiction (with an occasional non-fiction book thrown in). In addition, each year the group reads a classic and a book by a Texas author. Join the group on the last Tuesday of the month at 1 p.m. at Westbank Library. This group is on hiatus in November and December.
- January 26: The Dutch House by Ann Patchett
- February 23: Hippie by Paulo Coelho
- March 30: The Glass Hotel by Emily St. John Mandel
- April 27: Valentine by Elizabeth Wetmore
- May 25: The Water Dancer Ta-Nehisi Coates
- June 29: Rabbit Cake by Annie Hartnett
- July 27: This Tender Land by William Kent Krueger
- August 31: American Dirt by Jeanine Cummins
- September 28: The Heart of the Matter by Graham Greene
- October 26: Writers & Lovers by Lily King
Please read these ground rules ahead of the conversation:
- Please keep your camera on for the discussion and provide your name.
- Mute if there is background noise.
- Respect the privacy of others by not reporting what you hear in this conversation with any specificity or attribution.
- Be respectful and listen when others are speaking.
- Allow everyone’s voice to be heard that wants to be heard.