Click here to join Daytime Book Group, a live virtual program happening at 4pm.
If you’re having difficulties, please refer to Zoom’s support information. Westbank Library is unable to provide tech assistance during the program. Please contact email@example.com if you would like to schedule tech help or if you would like additional information regarding this library program.
Daytime Book Group comes together once a month to discuss books that explore life from many angles – from the author’s viewpoint, from the characters’ experiences, and from the group members’ personal perspectives. The group reads both fiction and non-fiction, and participants engage in lively discussions on the topic. Members usually meet after the book discussion at a nearby restaurant for social talk and visiting.
2021 Reading List:
- January 3: House Made of Dawn by N. Scott Momaday
- February 7: A Long Petal of the Sea by Isabel Allende
- March 7: Once a Girl, Always a Boy by Jo Ivester (Jo will join us for the discussion)
- March 28: The End of October by Lawrence Wright
- May 2: Fifty Words for Rain by Asha Lemmie
- June 6: The Round House by Louise Erdrich
- June 27: Be Water, My Friend by Shannon Lee
- August 1: Unsheltered by Barbara Kingsolver
- August 29: The Second Mountain by David Brooks
- October 3: The Vanishing Half by Brit Bennett
- November 7: Same Kind of Different as Me by Ron Hall
- December 5: Very Good Lives by J.K. Rowling
Please read these ground rules ahead of the conversation:
- Please keep your camera on for the discussion and provide your name.
- Mute if there is background noise.
- Respect the privacy of others by not reporting what you hear in this conversation with any specificity or attribution.
- Be respectful and listen when others are speaking.
- Allow everyone’s voice to be heard that wants to be heard.