Click here to join the Eanes History Group, a live virtual program.
If you’re having difficulties, please refer to Zoom’s support information. Westbank Library is unable to provide tech assistance during the program. Please contact email@example.com if you would like to schedule tech help or if you would like additional information regarding this library program.
Archival Resources at the GLO
Learn how to research the rich history of Texas land. This presentation will include a brief overview of the land grant records housed in the GLO Archives, as well as an exploration of the 45,000 historic maps and sketches at the GLO, and an introduction to the GLO GIS Mapping System.
Laurel Neuman is a research specialist for the Texas General Land Office Archives and Records Program. She received a BA in history from Texas State University in 2008 and has worked at the GLO since June 2008. Laurel is familiar with most aspects of the GLO’s manuscript collection. Her work in the Research Room includes fielding complex reference questions, assisting customers with their research needs, and giving tours that showcase the GLO’s archival collection.
Please read these ground rules ahead of the conversation:
- Please keep your camera on for the discussion and provide your name.
- Mute if there is background noise.
- Respect the privacy of others by not reporting what you hear in this conversation with any specificity or attribution.
- Be respectful and listen when others are speaking.
- Allow everyone’s voice to be heard that wants to be heard.