Click here to join Sisters in Crime, a live virtual discussion group happening at 2pm.
How unique are your fingerprints? Is fingerprint analysis reliable? Former LAPD fingerprint analyst, artist and private eye Cathy DeYoung joins Sisters in Crime on Zoom to discuss her experiences as a crime scene analyst. During her tenure as a forensic investigator, Ms. DeYoung has conducted approximately 30,000 fingerprint analyses and over 6,000 field investigations.
Cathy DeYoung trained in photography, fine arts and video at Otis Art Institute and Parsons School of Design. Since leaving the police department, Ms. DeYoung has moved to Texas and has worked as a private investigator for an all-female agency.
Please read these ground rules ahead of the conversation:
- Please keep your camera on for the discussion and provide your name.
- Mute if there is background noise.
- Respect the privacy of others by not reporting what you hear in this conversation with any specificity or attribution.
- Be respectful and listen when others are speaking.
- Allow everyone’s voice to be heard that wants to be heard.