Click here to join the Writing Workshop, a live virtual program happening from 5-6:30pm.
You’ve finished a scene, a chapter, maybe even a whole manuscript. Congratulations! Now, what do you need to do to make your writing even better? Led by author Britta Jensen, this session will focus on ways to provide feedback on work that’s still in development – and also ways to receive that feedback. There may be time to workshop pieces that participants want to share.
Britta Jensen’s debut novel Eloia Born was long-listed for the 2016 Exeter Novel Prize and the sequel, Hirana’s War will be released in October 2020. Her stories have been shortlisted for the 2017 Henshaw Press and Fiction Factory prizes and she was published in the following anthologies: Stories for Homes, volume 2 and Sakura Dreams. Britta spent twenty-two years overseas in Japan, South Korea, and Germany before moving to Austin, Texas.
Please read these ground rules ahead of the conversation:
- Please keep your camera on for the discussion and provide your name.
- Mute if there is background noise.
- Respect the privacy of others by not reporting what you hear in this conversation with any specificity or attribution.
- Be respectful and listen when others are speaking.
- Allow everyone’s voice to be heard that wants to be heard.