Westbank Libraries is partnering with Austin Senior Resource Alliance to present a year-long series of candid conversations with local experts focused on the unique and complex issues facing Austin’s mature homeowners and families. Join us on the fourth Tuesday of each month at 10:30am at Laura’s Library to be part of the conversation. Check out each month’s topic below:
- January: The Truth About Living to be 100
- February: The Truth About Probate for Property Owners
- March: The Truth About Decluttering Your Home
- April: The Truth About “Advance Care Planning”
- May: The Truth About Avoiding Homeowner Scams
- June: The Truth About Communicating with Adult Children
- July: The Truth About 55+ Senior Living Options
- August: The Truth About Liquidating the Extra “Stuff”
- September: The Truth About Building, Buying, or Remodeling Your “Last” Home
- October: The Truth About Selling As-Is
- November: The Truth About Living, Dying, and Leaving a Legacy
- December: No Seminar
The Truth About Living, Dying, and Leaving a Legacy
As far as we know, no one secretly wishes they could spend their last breaths in a cold, noisy, impersonal hospital room. Most people say that given the option, they prefer to die at home amongst family and close friends. Despite this wish, however, few take time to plan or organize this major life course event.
Make the commitment to bring a loved one or friend and attend this 90-minute panel event featuring experts who will share the most important things you need to know about living, dying, and leaving a legacy on your terms.
This could quite possibly be one of the most important seminars of the year.