Westbank Libraries is continuing our partnership with Austin Senior Resource Alliance to present a year-long series of candid conversations with local experts focused on the unique and complex issues facing Austin’s mature homeowners and families. Join us on the fourth Tuesday of each month at 10:30am at Laura’s Library to be part of the conversation. Check out each month’s topic below:
- January: Aging in Place and Staying Put
- February: The Truth About Probate for Property Owners
- March: The Truth About De-cluttering Your Home
- April: How to Pay for Senior Living
- May: The Truth About Avoiding Homeowner Scams
- June: The Truth About Communicating with Adult Children
- July: The Truth About 55+ Senior Living Options
- August: The Truth About Liquidating the Extra “Stuff”
- September: The Truth About Building, Buying, or Remodeling Your “Last” Home
- October: The Truth About Selling As-Is
- November: The Truth About Living, Dying, and Leaving a Legacy
- December: No Seminar
February: The Truth About Probate for Property Owners
The granting of probate is the first step in the legal process of administering the estate of someone who has passed. Many people don’t realize that probates are not all the same! It’s important for property owners to know what happens to their property after death and it is even more important for those who stand to inherit property to know what happens when an estate is probated.
Get the facts from subject matter experts on what probate involves and how to best navigate this complex and emotional process.