Westbank Libraries is continuing our partnership with Austin Senior Resource Alliance to present a year-long series of candid conversations with local experts focused on the unique and complex issues facing Austin’s mature homeowners and families. Join us on the fourth Tuesday of each month at 10:30am at Laura’s Library to be part of the conversation. Check out each month’s topic below:
- January: Aging in Place and Staying Put
- February: The Truth About Probate for Property Owners
- March: The Truth About De-cluttering Your Home
- April: How to Pay for Senior Living
- May: The Truth About Avoiding Homeowner Scams
- June: The Truth About Communicating with Adult Children
- July: The Truth About 55+ Senior Living Options
- August: The Truth About Liquidating the Extra “Stuff”
- September: The Truth About Building, Buying, or Remodeling Your “Last” Home
- October: The Truth About Selling As-Is
- November: The Truth About Living, Dying, and Leaving a Legacy
- December: No Seminar
May: The Truth About Avoiding Homeowner Scams
With all the mail, email, and unsolicited phone calls, it is becoming more and more difficult to determine what is legitimate and what might be a scam! Scammers often utilize public information pertaining to home ownership to take advantage of responsible property owners.
Learn how to detect and avoid homeowner related scams at this 90 minute panel event featuring local subject matter experts.