Westbank Libraries is continuing our partnership with Austin Senior Resource Alliance to present a year-long series of candid conversations with local experts focused on the unique and complex issues facing Austin’s mature homeowners and families. Join us on the third Tuesday of each month at 10:30am at Laura’s Library to be part of the conversation. Check out each month’s topic below:
- January: Aging in Place and Staying Put
- February: The Truth About Probate for Property Owners
- March: The Truth About De-cluttering Your Home
- April: How to Pay for Senior Living
- May: The Truth About Avoiding Homeowner Scams
- June: The Truth About Communicating with Adult Children
- July: The Truth About 55+ Senior Living Options
- August: The Truth About Liquidating the Extra “Stuff”
- September: The Truth About Building, Buying, or Remodeling Your “Last” Home
- October: The Truth About Selling As-Is
- November: The Truth About Living, Dying, and Leaving a Legacy
- December: No Seminar
October: The Truth About Selling As-Is
There are a lot of myths out there about what you must or “should” do in order to sell your home. The myths are perpetuated by shows on television featuring real estate agents with pearly white teeth, selling tiny homes for 2 million dollars. Real estate agents can further confuse the issue when they advertise homes as “totally remodeled” and make it seem as though these homes are the only ones available.
During this 90-minute panel presentation, we will discuss the pros and cons of fixing up a home to sell, as well as the pitfalls and benefits to selling ‘as-is.” Here are just a few of the questions that will be answered:
- What is necessary to sell a home in the Austin metropolitan area?
- What does ’as-is’ really mean and does it make financial sense to sell that way?
- How do I know if an as-is cash offer is a fair offer?