Westbank Libraries is continuing our partnership with Austin Senior Resource Alliance to present a year-long series of candid conversations with local experts focused on the unique and complex issues facing Austin’s mature homeowners and families. Join us on the third Tuesday of each month at 10:30am at Laura’s Library to be part of the conversation. Check out each month’s topic below:
- January: The Truth About De-cluttering Your Home
- February: The Truth About Aging in Place and Staying Put
- March: The Truth About Our Aging Brain
- April: The Truth About 55+ Senior Living Options
- May: The Truth About CBD
- June: The Truth About Discounts Available to Seniors
- July: The Truth About Paying for Retirement Living
- August: The Truth About Downsizing, Rightsizing and Simplifying
- September: The Truth About Building, Buying or Remodeling Your “Last” Home
- October: The Truth About Health Care for Seniors
- November: The Truth About How to Prepare for Emergencies
The Truth About Aging in Place and Staying Put
Whether you choose to ‘stay put’ in your current home or move to one more manageable, if you are 62 or older, you have options – lots of them!
The challenge: Knowing which options are right for you!
Take the time to learn what it takes to age in place long after retirement!
- Making your home more accessible
- Easy home renovations
- Finding reliable in-home care providers
- Transportation options
- Services available specific to seniors
- Questions to ask when hiring service providers
During this 90-minute panel discussion, you will learn the keys to safely ‘staying put’ from some of the most knowledgeable and experienced professionals in the senior service industry.