Westbank Libraries is partnering with Austin Senior Resource Alliance to present a year-long series of candid conversations with local experts focused on the unique and complex issues facing Austin’s mature homeowners and families. Join us on the fourth Tuesday of each month at 10:30am at Laura’s Library to be part of the conversation. Check out each month’s topic below:
- January: The Truth About Living to be 100
- February: The Truth About Probate for Property Owners
- March: The Truth About Decluttering Your Home
- April: The Truth About “Advance Care Planning”
- May: The Truth About Avoiding Homeowner Scams
- June: The Truth About Communicating with Adult Children
- July: The Truth About 55+ Senior Living Options
- August: The Truth About Liquidating the Extra “Stuff”
- September: The Truth About Building, Buying, or Remodeling Your “Last” Home
- October: The Truth About Selling As-Is
- November: The Truth About Living, Dying, and Leaving a Legacy
- December: No Seminar
The Truth About Liquidating the Extra “Stuff”
Liquidating personal household items and collectibles is not as easy as it looks on TV. The surplus of certain items makes selling them difficult, while the popularity of others makes them very valuable. If you are wondering what to let go of and when — or if you plan to downsize and simplify — this seminar is for you.
We will answer these questions and more:
- How do I know the value of china, crystal, and other glassware?
- How much is “enough” to warrant a professional estate sale?
- When and how are estate sales conducted?
- What fees are associated with estate liquidation services?
- What other options are there for handling remaining “stuff?”
Get all your estate liquidation and downsizing questions answered during this 90-minute seminar featuring industry experts dedicated to helping you find new homes for your extra items.