What is your neighborhood’s Wildfire Emergency Evacuation Plan? Do you have your own individual Wildfire Action Plan for your home?
This one-hour interactive conversation with the Westlake Fire Department will provide useful information about how you and your neighborhood can become more fire wise and fire adapted. The Q & A session at the end will help you feel more prepared about what to do next.
This program will include information about the following:
- A dramatic, visual simulation of a wildfire in progress, how it might travel under various conditions, and the topographic progression up the canyons to our homes
- Neighborhood Wildfire Emergency Evacuation Plan development
- Individual Property Owner Wildfire Action Plan development
- Informational handouts including:
- County Resources
- Emergency / Fire Contact Lists
- Fuel Reduction Recommendations
- Homeowner Best Practices to Mitigate Wildfire Risk