Did you know…
- We offer about 100 programs a month, all free of charge. Learn and enjoy the company of your neighbors! Follow us on Facebook for handy reminders.
- Our ever-growing digital collection of ebooks, downloadable audios, magazines, newspapers, and videos is not only convenient, you never have to worry about getting your items back on time. If you are new to digital, bring your device with you when you visit, and we will help you get set up. We also have Tech Teens on Tuesdays from 5-7 at both libraries to help with any tech questions you may have.
- You can request items that we don’t have, and we can usually get them for you. Just log into your library account, and go to the Reserves/Requests tab. We buy over 10,000 items for our collection each year plus thousands of ebooks and downloadable audios. We can also borrow books from other libraries.
- Don’t know what to read next? Ask any staff person when you visit, email one of our librarians, or consult one of our reading lists. You can also explore Novelist Plus, which is in our Digital Library and also embedded in our catalog – simply find a book you liked and open the record to see similar books and authors. Ask about our many book clubs.
- You can pick up your reserves at a drive-thru window at Laura’s Library. Simply set Laura’s as the preferred library on your account, and all your reserves will go there.
- You can pre-reserve books by popular authors with Reserve Express. Select from over 300 authors, and you will automatically be on reserve for any new book they publish.
- You don’t need to maintain your own printer at home any more. We always have ink and paper! You can print in color (50c) or black and white (5c) at either library. Our printer can also scan and email documents in a flash – even two-sided ones! Prefer old tech? We still have a fax machine and typewriter.
- The library is a great place to work, study, read, and meet. We have a variety of spaces to allow for quiet activities, tutoring, collaboration, and play. We have computers, wifi, and coffee. Our outdoor spaces have tables and wifi for those beautiful Austin days.
The library is your source for information. All you have to do is ask! We are here to help.