An RB Digital account is required for accessing Acorn TV.
Set one up by clicking on the following button:
First time RBDigital users click on “REGISTER,” otherwise log in with the same account you use for RBDigital magazines.
Accessing Acorn TV
1. Using your RBDigital account, you must “check out” Acorn TV for 7 days by clicking on any Acorn TV Series thumbnail. Sign into the RBdigital mobile app or the library’s RBdigital website and select “Acorn TV”.
2. Select any show and Click “Checkout”. Please note that it does not matter which show is selected, all titles will redirect you to Acorn TV’s page. Use these steps to renew your 7-day access. If the Checkout button is gray, please click Sign In in the top-right corner before proceeding. If the service is already active, it will display “Access” instead of Checkout.
3. Select “Access Acorn TV”
4. Select Login at the top right of the Acorn site
5. Enter the email address and password associated with your RBdigital account and click Sign In.
Please keep in mind you must enter your email address. Acorn TV will not recognize your library card number.
Note: In order to renew your 7-day membership, you must access the service through RBdigital first.
You can access the catalog at: https://westbank.biblionix.com, by clicking “Search our collection” on the upper right-hand side of this website, or by clicking this button:
In addition to managing your library account, you can search for items using the catalog.
There are 3 ways to search: “Search All Fields,” “More Search Options,” and “What’s Trending.”
1. Search All Fields:
The simplest way to search, this option searches all titles, subtitles, authors’ or actors’ first and last names, subject terms, summaries, and any other keywords in the item’s catalog record. Results are listed based on relevancy.
To use this method, simply type a word, words, or phrase, into the blank at the top of the screen. Push the Enter key on your keyboard or click the GO! button. If you need to narrow your search results, you may choose from other search options from the drop-down menu such as “Title Starts With,” “Title Contains,” or “Author.”
Keyword Search Examples:
DVDs based on books by John Grisham: grisham dvd
The Lord of the Rings series: “lord of the rings”
Snakes in Texas: snakes texas
Items involving a specific fictitious character: jack ryan
A book you heard about by someone named Nat with “Sea” in the title: nat sea
2. More Search Options:
These options can help narrow your search results or perform a detailed search. You may search by full or partial title, keywords (such as “love stories,” “science,” or “animated films”), call number (this can be helpful when you want to search all Juvenile fiction and non-fiction), location in the library (i.e. adults, children’s, YA), material type, and more. The “AND” and “OR” options between each search can save time in performing multiple searches at once.
Advanced Search Example:
To search all Juvenile and picture books about dinosaurs:
Call # starts with: J
Call # starts with: E
3. What’s Trending:
Not sure what you’re looking for? Our catalog facilitates browsing in two ways. First, all newly purchased books and ebooks (not all are new releases) scroll across the top of the page with clickable book cover icons. You may also scroll down to “What’s Trending” on the left of the screen. Here, you can view the current most popular items, see what’s been recently added to the collection under “What’s New,” and view our librarian’s recommendations under “If You Like…”
Below is example image of a search result. It shows the top results for “puppy training.”
Location: Where in the library you can find the item.
Label: The spine label you will need to know to find the item.
Available WB/LL: These columns tell you how many items are at either Westbank (WB) or Laura’s Library (LL) as well as the total number we have in the collection.
Note: if you were to perform another search, your previous search(es) will appear above the current results for fast access. Instead of the “Back” button, use this history listing.
Click on a column heading (Available, Label, Copyright Date, etc.) to sort the list by that heading. Click again to sort in the reverse direction.
Click an item to see more information and read a summary of the item (if available).
After logging on, you can reserve an item by clicking on it and clicking “Reserve this item.” This will notify you when the item is available for you to check out.
Bookmarking an item allows you to make a list of things to check out without putting them on immediate reserve.
After you click on a book, you may also click on subject heading links under the “Subject” field to aggregate a new list of results. (In this example, you can search for books about dogs, dog training, puppies, or puppy training.)
2. New members click on “ADD LIBRARY CARD” on the lower left hand corner to create a Kanopy account.
3. Add your library card and password
4. Create a Kanopy account with your email address. Once you enter your information, you’ll be sent a verification email. Click the verification link in your email. You are now all set to watch Kanopy videos!
1. Click on the Mango Languages button. If accessing from home, sign in with your library card number and password. Click the button again. 2. Click on the Mango Languages Resource Login Redirector link.
3. You can browse Mango languages as a guest, but you won’t be able to save your progress. Create an account by clicking Sign Up. 4. Enter your email address, library card number, and password that you’ll remember for future Mango Languages sessions. After initial signup, all you’ll need is your email address and password to sign into Mango.
After signing up, you can use your Mango account (email address and password) to track your progress online or on the mobile app available from the iOS Appstore and Android through Google Play.
Resources not listed on the home page can be accessed via the Digital Library page or on the catalog page. Login with your library card number and password (defaults to your 10-digit phone number). Some resources may require you to setup an account.