Digital Library Instructions
1. Visit our catalog or our website homepage and click on the Austin American-Statesman button:
2. Sign in with your library card number and password.
3. Click on the Austin American Statesman link again.
4. In the site, click on the date you’d like read.
ACCESSING THE CATALOG:
You can access the catalog at: https://westbank.biblionix.com, by clicking “Search our collection” on the upper right-hand side of this website, or by clicking this button:
In addition to managing your library account, you can search for items using the catalog.
There are 3 ways to search: “Search All Fields,” “More Search Options,” and “What’s Trending.”
1. Search All Fields:
The simplest way to search, this option searches all titles, subtitles, authors’ or actors’ first and last names, subject terms, summaries, and any other keywords in the item’s catalog record. Results are listed based on relevancy.
To use this method, simply type a word, words, or phrase, into the blank at the top of the screen. Push the Enter key on your keyboard or click the GO! button. If you need to narrow your search results, you may choose from other search options from the drop-down menu such as “Title Starts With,” “Title Contains,” or “Author.”
Keyword Search Examples:
- DVDs based on books by John Grisham: grisham dvd
- The Lord of the Rings series: “lord of the rings”
- Snakes in Texas: snakes texas
- Items involving a specific fictitious character: jack ryan
- A book you heard about by someone named Nat with “Sea” in the title: nat sea
2. More Search Options:
These options can help narrow your search results or perform a detailed search. You may search by full or partial title, keywords (such as “love stories,” “science,” or “animated films”), call number (this can be helpful when you want to search all Juvenile fiction and non-fiction), location in the library (i.e. adults, children’s, YA), material type, and more. The “AND” and “OR” options between each search can save time in performing multiple searches at once.
Advanced Search Example:
To search all Juvenile and picture books about dinosaurs:
Call # starts with: J
Call # starts with: E
3. What’s Trending:
Not sure what you’re looking for? Our catalog facilitates browsing in two ways. First, all newly purchased books and ebooks (not all are new releases) scroll across the top of the page with clickable book cover icons. You may also scroll down to “What’s Trending” on the left of the screen. Here, you can view the current most popular items, see what’s been recently added to the collection under “What’s New,” and view our librarian’s recommendations under “If You Like…”
Below is example image of a search result. It shows the top results for “puppy training.”
Location: Where in the library you can find the item.
Label: The spine label you will need to know to find the item.
Available WB/LL: These columns tell you how many items are at either Westbank (WB) or Laura’s Library (LL) as well as the total number we have in the collection.
Note: if you were to perform another search, your previous search(es) will appear above the current results for fast access. Instead of the “Back” button, use this history listing.
- Click on a column heading (Available, Label, Copyright Date, etc.) to sort the list by that heading. Click again to sort in the reverse direction.
- Click an item to see more information and read a summary of the item (if available).
- After logging on, you can reserve an item by clicking on it and clicking “Reserve this item.” This will notify you when the item is available for you to check out.
- Bookmarking an item allows you to make a list of things to check out without putting them on immediate reserve.
- After you click on a book, you may also click on subject heading links under the “Subject” field to aggregate a new list of results. (In this example, you can search for books about dogs, dog training, puppies, or puppy training.)
5 items may be checked out at once. Checkouts are 14 days and automatically expire.
To Read on your desktop browser:
1. Click on the CloudLibrary button on our website, or go directly to https://ebook.yourcloudlibrary.com/library/Westbank/
2. Login by entering your library card number and password.
3. Browse for books and click the borrow button when you find something you’d like to read. Note: Some ebooks require the app.
The CloudLibrary app is available for most devices. Get the app from https://www.yourcloudlibrary.com/ (Kindle e-readers are not supported)
For support and how-to videos, visit https://www.yourcloudlibrary.com/common-issues/
To read Consumer Reports on your desktop:
1. On the website, click the Consumer Reports button. If you’re accessing from home, you’ll have to login with your card number and password to continue.
2. The front page of Flipster will only display Consumer Reports and Consumer Reports Buying Guide. Click on the cover of Consumer Reports to view the latest and past issues.
3. Use the right and left arrow icons to navigate the issue…
4. Click on the search box to either search this issue or change the drop down selection to search all issues…
An RB Digital account is required for checking out digital magazines. First time users click on REGISTER
You can use this account for other services like Press Reader, Acorn TV, and RB Digital eAudiobooks.
Checking Out and Reading Digital Magazines
On a Desktop Computer:
- Click the cover of a magazine you want. Click the blue checkout button and then the start reading button.
- Your magazine will open in a new tab and may take a moment to load fully.
- To turn the page, click the arrow icons on the far left and right sides of the page, or use the right and left arrow keys.
- Controls are located on the left side of the page and hovering over each icon will show its function.
- Get the free RBDigital Mobile App for your device: iOS | Android | Kindle Fire
- After installing, open app and you’ll be prompted to enter your email for your account. After entering, tap NEXT and enter your password.
- Click the cover of a magazine you want and click the red CHECKOUT button then the green READ button
- Swipe left or right to turn the pages.
Click on “REGISTER,” and enter your information. You can use this account for other RBDigital services like Acorn TV, and RB Digital eAudiobooks.
- Using your RBDigital account, log into https://westbankcommunitytx.rbdigital.com/
- Click on the PressReader icon, then click on the ACCESS button to begin reading newspapers from around the world
Please note that the PressReader app is not supported at this time.
Register for an RB Digital Account
Click on “REGISTER.” and enter your information. You can use this account for other RBDigital services like PressReader, RBDigial Magazines and RB Digital eAudiobooks.
Accessing Acorn TV
1. Using your RBDigital account, you must “check out” Acorn TV for 7 days by clicking on any Acorn TV Series Thumbnail. Sign into the RBdigital mobile app or the library’s RBdigital website and select “Acorn TV”.
2. Select any show and Click “Checkout”. Please note that it does not matter which show is selected, all titles will redirect you to Acorn TV’s page. Use these steps to renew your 7-day access. If the Checkout button is gray, please click Sign In in the top-right corner before proceeding. If the service is already active, it will display “Access” instead of Checkout.
3. Select “Access Acorn TV”
4. Select Login at the top right of the Acorn site
5. Enter the email address and password associated with your RBdigital account and click Sign In.
- Please keep in mind you must enter your email address. Acorn TV will not recognize your library card number.
Note: In order to renew your 7-day membership, you must access the service through RBdigital first.
Click on “REGISTER.” You can use this account for other RBDigital services like PressReader, and Acorn TV.
Accessing RBDigital eAudiobooks
- Using the RBDigital account you created at the RBDigital Magazine portal, click on the RBDigital eAudiobooks button on our home page or log in directly at https://westbankcommunitytx.rbdigital.com/
- Once logged in, scroll down to the audiobooks section
- Click on a title you like and then click the checkout button.
- Listen right on your browser or download the RBDigital app
To sign up on your desktop:
1. Click on the Mango Languages button. If accessing from home, sign in with your library card number and password. Click the button again.
2. Click on the Mango Languages Resource Login Redirector link.
3. You can browse Mango languages as a guest, but you won’t be able to save your progress. Create an account by clicking Sign Up.
4. Enter your email address, library card number, and password that you’ll remember for future Mango Languages sessions. After initial signup, all you’ll need is your email address and password to sign into Mango.
6 items may be checked out at once. Checkouts are 14 days and automatically expire.
To read ebooks on the Overdrive app:
1. Install the OverDrive app from your device’s app store or from app.overdrive.com.
3. Sign in to your account with your library card number and phone number. Click the check mark to remember login information.
4. On the app’s menu, Tap BOOKSHELF, then tap “Add Title” to search for a book in our collection.
5. Tap the “BORROW” button.
After you borrow a title, you can:
- Select Read now with Kindle (U.S. only) to complete checkout on Amazon’s website and send the book to your Kindle device or Kindle reading app.
- Select Download to download EPUB ebooks and MP3 audiobooks to the app Bookshelf.
- Select Read now in browser to open ebooks right in your web browser.
- Close the pop-up window to keep browsing and borrowing.
To see all of your borrowed titles, tap to go to your library Loans page.
To open the titles you downloaded or added to the app, go to your app Bookshelf.
- Search by title, author, or genre in main search box.
- Advanced search allows you to search for titles by multiple criteria, including ISBN, audience, format, subject, and more.
- Find items available now by choosing the Available now option.
- Click the 3 vertical lines (menu) in the upper right corner to locate your bookshelf and other menu items.
To download books to a Kindle eReader:
1: Use a computer or mobile device to open https://westbanklibrary.overdrive.com/
2: In the library’s digital collection, use the advanced search or search filters to find and borrow an eBook that’s available in the Kindle Book format.
3: Select to go to your Loans page. From there, select Download, then Kindle Book. You’ll be taken to Amazon’s website to complete your checkout.
4: On Amazon’s website, follow the on-screen prompts to “Get library book” and wirelessly deliver it to your Kindle eReader. You’ll need to sign into (or create) an Amazon account to complete this process.
Note: Your Kindle eReader must have a Wi-Fi internet connection to download library Kindle Books from Amazon. If you don’t have a Wi-Fi connection, you will need to transfer the Kindle Book to your Kindle eReader via USB.
Once you deliver a library Kindle Book to your Kindle eReader, it works like any other Kindle Book.
For more help with Kindle eReaders, please visit Amazon support.
6 items may be checked out at once. Checkouts are 14 days and automatically expire.
Get started with Libby
1. Install the Libby app from your device’s app store.
Or, visit libbyapp.com in your Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or Edge browser.
2. In Libby, follow the prompts to find Westbank library and sign in with your valid library card.
3. Browse our library’s collection and borrow a title.
4. Borrowed titles appear on under Shelf > Loans and download to the app automatically when you’re connected to Wi-Fi, so you can read them when you’re offline.
From your Loans, you can:
- Tap Open Book to choose where you’d like to read the book (Kindle or Libby), then finish sending to Kindle or start reading in Libby.
- Tap Open Audiobook to start listening to that title.
- Tap the due date to see options like Renew and Return.
If you need more help with Libby, please visit Libby Help.
Library members with a full membership can use their play credits to enjoy up to five videos per month.
A play credit is logged when a video is watched for more than 5 seconds.
Members can stop viewing anytime and resume the same video within a 72 hour window to leverage the same play credit.
1. To access Kanopy directly, visit https://westbank.kanopy.com you can also access it from the home page on the website.
2. New members click on “ADD LIBRARY CARD” on the lower left hand corner to create a Kanopy account.
3. Add your library card and password
4. Create a Kanopy account with your email address. Once you enter your information, you’ll be sent a verification email. Click the verification link in your email. You are now all set to watch Kanopy videos!
1. Visit the catalog https://westbank.biblionix.com/catalog or the website home page and click on the New York Times button.
2. Sign in to your library account
3. Click on the New York Times link again and redeem the access code
4. Sign in with Facebook, Google, or create a New York Times account.
5. After the 72 hours finishes, just hop back to our catalog page to retrieve a fresh access code.
*Digital Library is exclusive to Full Access Memberships. For more info, visit the membership page.