Join your neighbors for shared experiences this summer! Pick up a shiny printed summer brochure when you visit the library next, view our brochure online or search our online calendar. We have something going on every day! Here are a few of the highlights:
- Kickoff This is our annual celebration to start summer programming. Pick up your reading and activity log to track all of your summer experiences, and join us to watch Mr. Will perform, to pat mini horses, and to make sock puppets. Saturday, June 1, 10am-1pm at Laura’s
- Monday Art Exploration and Free Play Drop in from noon till 2pm each week to explore a different art medium and from 4-7 to enjoy the benefits of play. We will have All Day Play (noon-7pm) on June 3 (messy play with Lady B Face Painting), July 1 (water play), and August 5 (nature play).
- Tuesday Arcade We have lots of video game consoles plus Scratch programming. 4-7pm at Laura’s
- Wednesday morning performers Every Wednesday at 10:30am at Laura’s we’ll have a performance suited to audiences age 3 & up: Silly Sparkles Magic, Tiny Tails to You, Lannaya Drum & Dance, Hey Lolly Band, Musician Joe McDermott, Magician Cody Fisher, Circus Chickendog, and Percussion Things. Check the calendar for dates.
- Wednesday afternoon Discovery Every Wednesday afternoon we’ll have a program suited to kids aged 5 & up: Stunt Juggler Matt Tardy, Fire Truck visit, Capital of Texas Zoo, LEGO Free Play, Wild Things Zoofari, Hideout Theatre Improv, Cartooning with Mr. Pitts, and Mad Science. Check the calendar for dates.
- Thursday Watch & Read This summer we are reading Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs and How to Train Your Dragon. June 13 and 27, July 11 and 25, 2pm at Laura’s
- Final Friday Matinees On June 28 we’ll watch Zootopia and on July 26 we’ll watch Meet the Robinsons. 2pm at Laura’s
- Saturday Discovery Explore science, music and art at this drop-in program. 1pm-3pm at Westbank
- Won’t You Be My Neighbor Film showing June 6, 6pm, Laura’s
- Austin Reptile Show will have a special presentation on Saturday, July 13, 1pm at Laura’s.
- Laura’s 10th Birthday Can you believe our library is ten years old? We’ll be celebrating with a Staci Gray concert and cupcake decorating. Friday, July 19, 11am concert and 2pm cupcakes at Laura’s
- Harry Potter’s Birthday! Wear your favorite wizarding attire! Drop in on Wednesday, July 31, 11am-5pm.
- Summer Celebration As summer winds down and thoughts turn to school, we’ll have Amy’s Ice Cream and a surprise visitor. Friday, August 2, 5-7pm at Laura’s
Programs especially for adults include Qi Gong, yoga, knitting, Sheng Zhen, several book clubs, the Eanes History Group, Westbank Travels, the Senior Living speaker series, quilting, genealogy, plus special Tuesday night programming at 6pm at Westbank:
- Games & Coloring for Adults, June 4 and July 2
- Artisan Workshop with Barbara Attwell, June 11 and July 9
- Laughter Yoga, June 18 and July 16
- Music with Eddie Collins and Max Zimmet Duo on June 25
- Storytelling with Bernadette Nason on July 23
- Music with Jonas Alvarez on July 30
We hope to see you over and over and over again!