We live in a world that never sleeps. Globally connected 24 hours a day, we are experiencing a rate of change across the spectrum of life that is unmatched in human history. There is so much new in the news every day that we simply cannot give it all the attention it deserves.
This is a dilemma for parents and educators who want to prepare our children for an adult life we simply can’t predict. It’s also a stressor for our children as we try to hedge against the unknown by pushing them to learn more and do more, to get into the “hopefully right” college program.
The library is here to help.
- Librarians are trained researchers. If you need quality information to help you make an important decision, we can help you find it.
- We offer myriad programs addressing the challenges of today to better prepare you and your family for tomorrow. We bring in experts who can answer your questions.
- We offer resources for people who want to learn new things on their own – books, programs, and digital tools.
- Learning through discovery and collaboration are skills that will be integral to the 21st century workplace, and they are a focus of our children’s program development.
- The library is a sanctuary space. We are a place where you can meet with friends and neighbors, explore with your children, ask a question, or sit quietly with a book. We have quiet spaces and sharing spaces. We have wonderful gardens and spectacular views.
Is there an education topic you would like to learn more about? Let us know!