Westbank Libraries are excited to be offering LOTS MORE in our digital collection in 2020! Beginning in January, you will be able to access thousands of new ebooks, audiobooks, magazines, newspapers, and videos with your full library membership. We have instructions on our website, but if you need help accessing any of these resources on your device, please drop by the library. As these resources are new to us as well as to you, we will happily work with you to figure it out!
- RBDigital Audiobooks offers access to over 30,000 audiobooks that are always available/simultaneous use. Additionally, we will be adding newer titles that are reservable.
- RB Digital Magazines now has over 3000 digital magazines. The most popular titles are featured at the top of the page. All magazines can be sorted by broad categories – such as Business and Finance, Family, Gardening, etc. You can subscribe to a magazine for auto-delivery of each new issue to your device. You can keep issues indefinitely.
- Press Reader offers digital access to over 2500 newspapers across the globe. Each paper is available for the last 90 days. Enjoy the Washington Times, LA Times, Dallas Morning News, Chicago Tribune, Boston Herald, plus thousands more, including papers from abroad in native languages.
- Acorn TV brings world-class mysteries, dramas, and comedies from Britain and beyond to Westbank members through a streaming video service to any Web-connected device. Members have unlimited access for up to two weeks each month.
- Bibliotheca cloudLibrary includes a small starter collection of ebooks which will be augmented mid-January to include shared access to tens of thousands of ebooks and audiobooks belonging to other Texas libraries. Most items will allow immediate access, though materials our library purchases will also be reservable. This platform is similar to Overdrive but has its own unique look and feel.
In addition to these new resources, we continue to offer access to thousands of other resources:
- Overdrive/Libby includes over 9,000 ebook and audiobook titles licensed by Westbank Libraries for community use. Checkout up to 5 items at a time.
- Austin American-Statesman, New York Times, Consumer Reports are available for digital viewing. Other newspaper articles may be accessed through Newsbank.
- Kanopy offers streaming of documentaries, indie films, foreign films, and select feature films (5 views per month) plus unlimited viewing of children’s films, now including Sesame Street.
- Bookflix and TumbleBooks present a digital read-aloud experience for kids.
- Investment resources include Morningstar and Value Line.
- Genealogy resources include Ancestry, America’s Genealogy Bank, Family Search, and Heritage Quest.
- Learning resources include Learning Express (includes computer and software tutorials), Mango Languages (70 languages), and Gale Testing & Education Resource Center (test prep and tutorials).
- Reference resources include A to Z Reference (residential and business directory), A to Z Travel, Rand Statistics, Ebsco MasterFile (thousands of journals), and Texshare
While we are excited to offer you so many resources you can read, listen to, and view from home, we hope you will still visit the library to browse out physical collections, to work or study in our quiet corners, to meet up with neighbors, and to enjoy over 100 programs per month on a variety of topics.
Here’s to a busy year of connecting, learning, and playing!