- Because of high demand, library meeting spaces are generally not available for recurring or frequent meetings (more than once in a month).
- Due to scheduling constraints, the library is not currently providing space for private or after-hours functions.
- Community groups & non-profits may request free use of a meeting room during regular library hours. This includes groups whose mission is educational, intellectual, civic, or charitable. Group size may be limited due to parking availability and concerns about noise or safety. Exclusive use of a large room is not guaranteed. Please request at least 7 days in advance and no more than 30 days in advance.
- Full library members may request free use of the Macklin room for up to 2 hours for groups of 2-8 people for purposes that do not involve service for pay. Meetings longer than 2 hours may be allowed at the discretion of the Programs Manager during low-demand periods. Please request at least 7 days in advance and no more than 30 days in advance.
- Tutors have free use of the Gathering Room at Westbank to work with groups of three or less, from 4:00-6:00pm (and until closing if no programs are planned in the space), Monday through Thursday, throughout the school year. Tutors may work quietly in other open spaces of our libraries at any time if they ensure they are not disturbing others nearby.
- Town Hall Meetings and Candidate Forums may be requested for free if the event is open to the public. All candidates must be invited to a candidate forum. The hosting group must provide a moderator and a list of rules. Town Hall meetings may be requested by local elected officials who are not running for office. Please request at least 7 days in advance and no more than 90 days in advance.
- These rules may be revised at any time without notice.
- Any issues not covered in Library policies will be resolved in discussion with the Programs Manager, the Director, or the Associate Director.
- Meetings held outside of library hours or involving the serving of alcohol require the presence of a security guard ($180 for a four-hour minimum).
- The group or individual reserving a meeting room is responsible for setup and clean up. No furniture may be moved into a meeting room from elsewhere in the library.
- No decorations may be attached in any way to walls or ceilings.
- No smoking is allowed on Library property.
- Amplified music is not allowed during Library hours, and it is limited to 80 decibels after hours.
- A $35 fee is charged if food is served and a deposit will be required.
- The group or individual reserving a meeting room is responsible for any damage to facilities, any property left behind, and the re-keying of locks if library keys are lost.
- Additional hourly charges accrue if an event lasts more than 15 minutes beyond the time booked.
- All events must conclude by midnight.
- The Library reserves the right to cancel or re-schedule an event in case of emergency or unforeseen circumstance.
- Board approval may be required for events where fees are charged or funds are raised.
- Meetings scheduled under these rules may not imply sponsorship by the Library. The Library’s phone number may not be given out in relation to such meetings. The following disclaimer is required on all publicity for events hosted by non-Library groups: This event is not affiliated with or sponsored by The Westbank Community Library District.
- Easels and podiums are available for use. Some spaces have whiteboards and privacy panels.
- Meeting rooms have tables and chairs suitable for most meetings. Please let us know what you need.
- We have free wifi.
- All meeting rooms have wall-mounted TV monitors. The library can supply cables upon request, but presenters should bring their own laptop and connectors or adapters to connect to HDMI. We also have Chromecast for wireless screen casting. We recommend presenters arrive at least 15 minutes early to resolve connectivity issues.
Purpose of your Meeting (required)
Number of People You're Expecting
Date of the Meeting
Start Time of the event
End time of the event
Type of event (required)
Non-profit, Civic or CharitablePrivate Meeting or Event
If you require additional equipment, indicate below:
LecternEaselPortable bagged microphoneWhiteboards (Westbank only)TV Monitor
The Westbank Library provides an HDTV (70" in the Gathering Room, 55" in the Macklin Room, and 70" in the J. Scott Thornton Commons). The TVs come equipped with an HDMI connection, and the library may be able to supply cables upon advance request. The presenter is responsible for bringing the following: their own laptop and their laptop's appropriate adapter for an HDMI connection to the HDTV.
I have read library policies regarding who can reserve a room and restrictions for meeting room use.