Artisans’ Market and Demo We have so many dedicated artmakers in our community, and we are incredibly fortunate each November to host the Friends of the Library Artisans’ Market, which pulls together 30-40 artists and craftspeople to share their talents with the community for the day.
- Mark your calendar for the Artisans’ Market on Saturday, November 9, 10am-4pm, at Laura’s Library.
- Preview the selection of crafts at the Artisans’ Market website.
- Stop in at Westbank Library to bid on silent auction items, or buy a quilt raffle ticket at either library. (On Oct. 21st, the silent auction bid binder will move to Laura’s Library, where it will be available through Nov. 9.)
- Learn about jewelry making, fiber arts, ceramics, glasswork, and weaving at a special Artisan Demo this Saturday, October 19, 12-3pm, at Laura’s Library.
- Inspired by artists and want to try your hand? Barbara Attwell is teaching metal stamping. Bring your Great Aunt’s vintage silver or use one of the spoons provided to add poetry to your table.Tuesday, November 12, 5:30pm at Westbank.
Especially for Goblins and Ghouls Halloween is a time to show our personal creativity and character. We have lots of opportunities for dressing up and getting in the Halloween mood…
Bernadette Nason’s Stories for a Dark and Stormy Night (Saturday, October 19, 1pm, Westbank Library) There’s no better storyteller than the very British Bernadette. Listen to scary-ish stories, then stay after for toys and games.
Pajama & Costume Storytime (Tuesday, October 22, 6pm, Westbank Library) Wear your costume to storytime this evening for extra Halloween fun! The milk and cookies are on us!
Pumpkin Painting (Saturday, October 26, 1pm, Westbank Library) Paint a pumpkin to help set the Halloween scene at home.
Halloween Music & Movement (Tuesday, October 29, 10:30-11:30am, Westbank Library) Shake your sillies out Halloween-style in your costume!
Mini Pumpkin Decorating (Wednesday, October 30, 4:30-5:30pm, Laura’s Library) Before going out trick-or-treating tomorrow night, come to Laura’s Library to decorate your very own miniature pumpkin. Show off your costume while you’re here, and don’t forget to try to scare the librarians!
Dia de los Muertos / Day of the Dead Storytime (Thursday, October 31, 10:30am, Westbank Library) The day before Dia de los Muertos, come enjoy stories about the Day of the Dead and make your own Dia de los Muertos mask!
Halloween Party Storytime (Thursday, October 31, 10:30am, Laura’s Library) You don’t need to wait until this evening to wear your Halloween costume. Wear it to Storytime to start the celebration early!
We have a ton of other programs going on all the time. Check out the activity calendar, and let us know if you have ideas for other programs you would like to see!