Every year, hundreds of volunteers provide thousands of hours to help the library. Volunteers are needed for technology help, the checkout desk, and programs assistance. You must be at least 13 years of age to volunteer at the library.
Download your application, fill it out using Word or similar software or print the form and fill in by hand, and return your it to the checkout desk at either library, or email it to the Volunteer Coordinator.
- Adult Volunteer Application (2-3 hour weekly shift)
- Teen Volunteer Application (after school or weekend shifts during the school year)
- Teen Summer Volunteer Application (3-hour weekly shift)
- Tech Teen Application (Tuesdays after schools or Saturdays)
Visit the Teen Volunteer page for more information
Additional volunteer opportunities at the library include:
- Friends of the Library, our non-profit support group, hosts our annual Artisans’ Market and coordinates Madrone Canyon Trail efforts.
- Teen Drop-In Help on designated Sundays – check the calendar for dates and locations
- MLIS Practicum or Capstone Students – email the Associate Director
- Scouts – email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
There are also many volunteer opportunities around Austin. Here are some suggested outside resources: